If your sinuses are acting up, be it because of an infection, allergies, or congestion, it can affect many different aspects of your life. Sinus problems can cause pain in various areas around your face and neck, make it difficult to breathe, and even make it difficult to speak.
It can be hard to get on with your day and get done what you need to get done with sinus irritation getting in the way. Essential oils can help. Through this article, we’ll explain how essential oils can help minimize your sinus problems and get you feeling back to normal.
How can essential oils help with your sinus health?
Certain essential oils contain ingredients that can help to minimize many of the symptoms caused by a sinus infection or irritation. These oils can help to minimize congestion, pain, and the irritation. There are a number of ways to use these essential oils as treatment, which we will get into in the next section. Make sure you do your research, however, and know which oils are right to treat your problem so you don’t waste any time or money.
How can you use essential oils to improve sinus health?
There are a few ways you can take full effect of your essential oils. You can use a humidifier by placing about 25 to 30 drops of the essential oil of your choice into it and keeping it in the room with you; this is probably the easiest method.
You could also place about five drops in a half cup of water and use a diffuser; for this method, you’ll need to sit close to the diffuser and breathe deeply for as long as you need the oils. You could also put about ten drops on a sponge and let it soak in the tub with you.
There are many options for how you can use your oils to get their full health benefits.
Which essential oils should you use to help your sinuses?
There are many essential oils that have been reported to help with sinus irritation, congestion, and infection.
- Lavender can provide relief from congestion, reduce inflammation, and can help you fight off a sinus infection.
- Peppermint can help you fight off the infection and has anti-viral, anti-inflammatory, and anti-bacterial properties.
- Chamomile can also help as it contains properties that are antiseptic, sedative, and anti-allergic.
- Clove can help to treat a lot of different respiratory problems which can include sinus infections; it also has a soothing effect on your nasal passage which can offer a cooling sensation to your sore or irritated nasal cavity.
- Oregano also offers relief from sinus infections; the steam treatment works best for oregano.
- Sweet basil and rosemary can also help you fight off sinus infections and can help with headaches as well.
There are many other essential oils that you can use, but these are the most popular. Menthol and eucalyptus are also known to help lessen the symptoms of sinus infections.
A natural treatment for your sinus infection, congestion, or irritation can be a lot more appealing to people due to its lack of side effects and unwanted chemicals.
Sinus problems can affect many aspects of your life and just make it harder for you to get done what you need to get done in your day. By using essential oils, you can treat your sinus symptoms and help to shorten your recovery time.
As discussed in this article, there are many different essential oils from which you can choose and many different ways you can choose to use them to experience their many health benefits.